Visual Designer (UX/UI)
Vandebron is a scale-up in the energy world, with a mission to transform the energy market, starting with 100% green and local energy in the Netherlands. We are doing so by using state of the art technology that helps us distinguish ourselves from other utility providers. Our Digital team is looking for a motivated Visual Designer (UX/UI) to join us.
To fulfill our mission, Vandebron is rapidly extending its digital platform. Being a fast-growing tech-company we are consistently exploring the potential of new business models such as the electric vehicle market. New products are introduced and strong visual and interaction design are key for its success. Our teams are fully focused on increasing value for our customers via the various digital touchpoints. With our web- and mobile apps we ensure that our strong brand gets the attention needed. By helping the company to reach scale and influencing user behaviour, our Vandebron designers have the opportunity to make a real impact on our sustainable mission!
As Visual Designer you are part of the (digital) product team, together with Product owners & engineers to deliver high quality products which are user-centric and breath our brand and our mission.
What does the job entail?
- You gather and analyse the right information to make a strong, visual impact on our growing products, by transforming functional requirements into creative solutions.
- You ground your decisions in research and user testing, instead of gut feeling.
- You translate the product vision into designs that define, and are in line with, the dot on the horizon.
- You design user-friendly sign-up flows, client dashboards & mobile apps based on thorough understanding of user experience needs and stakeholder needs.
- You proactively organise customer journey sessions with other teams to gather input for optimisation of user experience. Also you present and explain your work to the team to receive feedback so you can iterate.
- Together with the other designer you maintain consistency in design and user experience across all our platforms.
- You proactively propose new designs and optimised designs when you feel that something needs to be improved.
- You work closely with the developers on a daily basis to arrive at the best interfaces possible given technical constraints.
What is your profile?
- You have relevant degrees and experience in rapidly evolving innovative companies for at least 3 years and an inspiring portfolio with user-centric design cases.
- You have extensive experience with design and prototyping software (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin) and user-testing (a/b testing, panel testing, usability testing).
- You have strong conceptual, interaction and visual design skills. You easily generate ideas and know how to visualise and present them.
- You are able to create suitable design solutions based on user behaviour using your data analytical skills.
- You are a proactive and pragmatic team player and able to gather the input needed within the organisation and gets developers to work.
- You're based in the Netherlands (our office is in Amsterdam) or willing to move.
What do we offer?
- The experience of contributing to changing the world for the better.
- An ambitious and inspiring work environment.
- Room for your own initiative.
- Growth opportunities for Design within the organisation.
- Salary in conformity with the market.
- Daily fresh lunches and drinks.
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam.
Please press the button below and submit your online portfolio, tell us who you are and why you want to work with us!