Wij geloven dat mensen de wereld willen verbeteren. Daarom willen wij mensen de middelen bieden om simpele en alledaagse keuzes om te zetten in het vermogen om echt iets te veranderen.
As Vandebron IT team we're looking for enthusiastic Full Stack Developer to join us!
Are you a passionate developer who strives for quality and clean code? Are you a quick learner who values your personal development by keeping up-to-date while reading books, tutorials, blogs and joining meetups? Then we are looking for you! Join us if you want to be proud of your work, make an impact and recognize the goal of Vandebron as being in line with your own values.
As a Full Stack Software Developer you will be part of the Web App team (with 5 colleagues).
- You will be involved in the development of our website acquisition flows, marketing applications and customer dashboard but also in our internal web applications according to the needs of the company and your personal skills.
- You will work with latest frontend technologies such as ‘server-side rendering' techniques, to make sure we have the best user experience on mobile and on desktop
- You willl be in direct contact with the business and you will be responsible of collecting requirements and designs and implement the solution.
- Together with the team you follow agile development practices so you will have a daily stand-up, a regular demo and use the retrospective to constantly improve.
- You are proud to release software often, multiple times per week and sometimes even multiple times per day.
Adequate backend/API experience.
Strong knowledge of Scala.
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Familiar with Unit testing (for example Jasmine or Mocha)
- You are a passionate developer, a great team player and eager to share knowledge.
Strong background that allows you to design robust and flexible solutions.
You value working software so you write automated tests to prevent regression and you value code refactoring to constantly improve the existing codebase.
You are a results-oriented pro-active person who can achieve task objectives independently.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Angular, Scala, and NodeJS.
- Experience and/or hyper-enthusiastic about React Native (mobile development).
What do we offer?
A contribution to changing the world for the better.
- An ambitious and inspiring work environment.
- Room for own initiative.
- Growth opportunities.
- Salary in conformity with the market.
- Daily fresh lunches and drinks.
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam.
Please press the button below and tell us who you are and why you want to work with us!
More about Vandebron
Best working place. In the center of Amsterdam!
Vandebron is a scale-up in the energy world, with a mission to transform the energy market. Starting with 100% green & local energy in the Netherlands.
We're doing so by using state of the art technology that sets us aside from other utility providers. In our latest developments we are using blockchain technology to create a flexible energy solution for electric vehicles.
With your skills as a developer, you can contribute to this awesome and ambitious mission. So not only you will get to work with the best gear and a group of enthusiastic international developers in an office with free bio-lunch and great parties: your effort will also help making the world a better place at the same time.
"Why wouldn’t you try to make the future better, if you are going to be a part of it?"
- Elon Musk
At Vandebron we strongly believe in the agile principles. We strive to follow the manifesto and we use Scrum as a structure way to plan and adapt our development. Always with a strong focus on customer value.
We believe in quality and clean code and our speed is based releasing the smartest MVP rather than compromising the quality of our work.
We have 2 week sprints and we manage to continuously deliver value for Vandebron. We move fast and we want our improvements to be in production even before our sprint is finished.
We make it possible for Vandebron to offer new services online, like our new ‘smart energy platform’ where we use blockchain technology to develop ‘smart charging’ propositions which is used to speed up the transition to sustainable energy. Also, we offer all our services via a state of the art ecosystem where web (React.js) and app (React native) play an important role and while disrupting our market. Of course we are making sure that our (internal/external) processes, which rely heavily on IT (cloud) systems, remain speedy and flexible.
We love creativity, and we're more than happy to give our developers the freedom to express themselves, growing both personally and professionally in a wonderful working environment.